Wednesday, October 24, 2018

Asia's Next Top Model Runner-up

Filipina Adela-Mae Marshall finishes among top 3 in Asia’s Next Top Model Cycle 6


By Gianna Llanes
Philippine Canadian Inquirer
24 October 2018


Filipino-British model Adela-Mae Marshall, representing the Philippines in Cycle 6 of Asia’s version of Tyra Bank’s popular reality show America’s Next Top Model, completes her Asia’s Next Top Model journey among the top three finalists. Adela was one of two Filipinas representing the country during the reality show, joined by 19-year-old Jach Manere.


ADELA-MAE MARSHALL. Picture: Asia's Next Top Model/Facebook

After the release of the show’s season finale last Wednesday, October 24, Adela shares with fans how she felt about her performance throughout the show. In an Instagram post, Adela says, “And then there was 1.” She also gives a message to her co-finalists, adding, “Congratulations Dana, you absolutely went #BeyondLimits and I couldn’t be happier for you. Mia, what can I say? We put up a good fight but we are too good at being runners-up. I’m proud of us regardless.”


Image result for adela mae marshall
PHILIPPINES: Adela Mae Marshall and Jachin Manere

For her mentors, Adela sends this message, “To Cindy Sirinya and Yu Tsai, thank you for guiding and molding us throughout the whole competition. Thank you for seeing something in me I couldn’t even see myself and hopefully, this won’t be the last of me you see!”

Adela ends her social media caption with a message to her Filipino fans, saying in the country’s language, “Before, I said ‘Laban Pilipinas’ and even though I didn’t win now, I will continue to try and represent the Philippines in the best way I can.” Her final statement says, “Thank you so much for your support. I’m sorry I couldn’t bring home the title for a back-to-back win,” referring to Cycle 5’s winner Filipina Maureen Wroblewitz, continuing, “I hope I was able to show you that am ‘pusong Pinoy’. I hope I was able to represent the Philippines well.”

Ultimately, the MAIN title was won by Team Thailand, this time represented by Dana Slosar, who will be receiving her own Subaru XV, a cover and spread on Harper’s Bazaar Thailand, an avatar in the show’s mobile game, and a modeling contract with Storm Model management in London.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pinoy farmer finalist in International Cocoa Awards

Filipino farmer makes it to the finals of 2019 International Cocoa Awards Antonio Colina Manila Bulletin 18 August 2019 DAVAO CITY ...